Boucheron Diamond Dress Ring
Metal : Stamped 750
Weight : 11.20 g
Stone : Round Brilliant Cut Diamond
Colour : E/F
Clarity : VS1
Total Diamond Weight : 3.70 ct
Size : N (resizing available)
*Accompanied by Valuation for Insurance
All weights/measurements/colours/clarities in the above descriptions are approximations only.
All jewellery is professionally cleaned and polished, and rings resized if needed.
All items are supplied with generic boxes and packaging when the originals are not available.
Rings can be resized at the special rate of £20 for up to two sizes. Any item that has been altered cannot be accepted for returns. For further enquiries please contact us.
The House of Boucheron is a French family dynasty founded by Frederic Boucheron in 1858, with the opening of his first store in the Galerie de Valois, at Palais-Royal, during the heyday of the Second French Empire. He created his atelier in 1866 and a year later won the Gold Medal during the Exposition Universelle (1867).
Paul Legrand (1840-1910) worked as the chief designer for the house of Boucheron from 1863-1867, and again 1871-1892. He is credited with the idea of combining pearls with diamond rondelles, first seen in Boucheron products in 1889. The “rondelle” cut of diamonds was pioneered by Bordinckx, who was also associated with Boucheron. While Legrand was head designer, in 1879, Boucheron developed a clasp-less necklace, which was part of its show which won a Grand Prix for Outstanding Innovation in a Jewellery Collection at the 1889 World’s Fair. Legrand was also influential in the design of the “Plume de Paon” (Peacock’s Feather) design, which has featured in Boucheron collections since Legrand and Frédéric Boucheron created it in 1866. It featured in the Point d’Interrogation necklace, which was bought by Grand Duke Alexei Alexandrovich Romanov. This necklace was also featured in the World’s Fair-winning collection.
In 1893, Frédéric Boucheron became the first jeweller to move to Place Vendôme. Legend has it that he chose 26 Place Vendôme, where Boucheron remains to this day, because it was the sunniest corner of the square. He believed that the diamonds]] in the windows would sparkle all the more brilliantly.
In 1893, Boucheron opened a store in Moscow, later transferred to St Petersburg in 1911; in 1903 a store in London and an office in New York. More store openings followed in Japan in 1973, Shanghai, Dubai in 2005, and finally Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur in 2006.
View our other Boucheron pieces